Saturday, July 11, 2009

A Window :)

It's so gorgeous outside today. Just enough breeze to help tolerate the heat. Sitting here looking out my window at the mountains and listening to the kids play in the pool it's so serene. Sometimes I take the simple things for granted, but not today. It's weird the difference a year can make in ones life. It's like I am awakening from a dream.




I have spent a lot of time in pain and denial this last year, but it's different now. I am waking up and everything seems a little different but in a good way. I wasn't always sure that I would make it. The pain, well the whole experience was just more than I had ever expected in my life. I didn't know what to do, or how to act. This was a role in life that I never played out in my mind. When you think of love, family, children, husband you always equate it with forever. We are not taught to have a what if plan :).

I am here in spite of the circumstance and I am happy and I carry a smile in my heart. I wanted to write so I could blend him in my life and at the same time let him go. Mission accomplished, it is important to me that I remember us and what we shared, but it's equally as important to me that I do it in a way that is productive. Understanding sometimes will be easier than others, but I don't want our love or his memory to be a sad one. Today was so great because I can look out and enjoy what's around me and think of him and smile.

Progress has a way of sneaking up on you when you least expect it. (~_~)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

My sadness has been replaced with gladness --- after 30 years in the fog and being so lost, empty and full of fear. Read my post Jan 1, 2010 entitled A KEPT WOMAN. View the many self-portraits - a long journey from a molested child, into the world of business, struggling with my image of confidence, living a lie through my smile. Thanks for your honesty.
Barbara