Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Coping with Grief and Loss: Support for Grieving and Bereavement

Well since i began this journey to heal. I have come acroos a lot of interesting facts that are helping me to at least accept i am going through something. It may seem weird but when you are a control freak like me and are used to fixing everything and everybody else. It's not easy to admit that your life has spiraled out of control and you had know idea it was happening. It's like waking up from a bad dream and finding your bed floating in the middle of the ocean and you see nothing for miles on either side. A decision must be made, and you ask yourself how did I get here and is there a way back.

I found this website, i am glad because some of the articles have really been helpful to me. I have been able to identify myself and my symptons. I must admit it's scary because I have to accept that " yes I am grieving my husband really did die". This process is very hard but I am determined to find my way back one swimming stroke at a time.

If you or someone you know has experienced a loss this site is a great resource for help or to help.

Coping with Grief and Loss: Support for Grieving and Bereavement